Job Description – Software Architect - New York
Plecosystems is a high impact, fast moving, global and scale to growth business that delivers exciting results for our clients. We are a digital commerce, high technology organization that provide technical solutions to our diverse client portfolio within Pharma, Life Sciences, and Insurance.
We have exciting partnerships and are also developing our own products in this space. Supporting our New York City operation with our offshore presence in Eastern Europe, South America, and New Zealand, we offer the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of an exciting business model and the chance to help shape the near-term outcomes for our major customers.
Description – General Summary:
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of software solutions to address complex problems. This engineering role should have expertise in customer-facing applications, cloud services, APIs and various third-party integrations.
Our technical leader should be well organized, a great communicator and be comfortable taking initiative. We also value organizational skills and the development of standards & best practices. The Software Architect will need to collaborate with internal engineering, product, project management, design, UX, and DevOps teams effectively. This candidate should also be comfortable working directly with Enterprise clients.
- Provide expertise and establish best practices on the development, monitoring and maintenance of technologies.
- Propose and develop architecture designs and blueprints while ensuring alignment to the broader architecture design principles and technology strategies.
- Produce comprehensive technical views of the solution area's components at the software, data, communication, and compute layers.
- Design end-to-end solutions that meet performance, scalability, security, regulatory compliance and resiliency requirements.
- Mastering our development process, culture, and code base.
- Assist in the design and analysis of our database environment.
- Articulate the trade-offs, benefits and risks of all architecture and design solutions.
- Collaborate with the team and leadership to absorb information and data given to be implemented into the design.
- Work with your team and leadership to design, implement, test and release features.
- Provide expertise to resolve operational issues in conjunction with your team and customers.
- Identify and document software problems and support the design of a solution.
- Promote best practices related to the SDLC.
- Provide and implement improvements where necessary.
- Participate in the mentorship of development team members.
- Apply our core values to your work; be it in planning, design, outreach, or development.
- Minimum of 4+ years of Application development experience from concept to deployment (SDLC) and core development experience (C# / .Net, Java or Python).
- Experience with leadership and technical guidance to development teams.
- Cloud architecture and deployment (AWS, Stacker, EKS).
- Demonstrated technical leadership as a team member in a hands-on role.
- Experience as a lead developer, making design decisions, performing code reviews, and mentoring team members.
- Familiarity with REST API design and API lifecycle management.
- Familiarity working in a fluid Agile environment and demonstrated success with structured testing practices such as automated unit testing, regression testing, TDD and continuous delivery.
- Ability to keep a customer focused mindset while upholding innovation through the architecture process.
- Understanding of full stack technologies such as Java, Node, Nest, Angular and React.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Experience of microservices, SaaS, CI/CD and other similar languages.
- Expertise with data structures, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Nice to have experience with any of: Liferay (Java), MuleSoft, Sitecore(.NET)
- Excellent written and verbal English required